What is a home warranty?
Home warranties cover the repair or replacement of listed major systems and appliances that fail due to normal wear and tear and are reported during the term of the contract. Items that are not typically covered include:
- Detectable preexisting conditions that existed prior to the effective date of coverage. A problem is detectable if it could have been found by visual inspection or a simple mechanical test at the start of the contract coverage. A visual inspection of the covered item verifies that it appears structurally intact and without damage or missing parts that would indicate inoperability. A simple mechanical test of turning the unit off or on verifies that the item operates without irregular sounds, smoke or other abnormal outcomes.
- Items that fail for a reason other than normal wear and tear.
- Consequential or secondary damages caused by the failure of the system or appliance are not covered. Homeowner’s insurance may apply in these cases.
- Items not included as covered in the terms of the contract.
- Items that were improperly installed, modified or where the damage was the result of or worsened by an attempted repair or remodeling.
- Call us first! We have carefully screened all of our local contractors so you don’t have to. Each service company we use is required to maintain a B rating or better on Angie’s List. In order for us to cover a repair under your Home-SAFE Warranty we must be your first call.